Sunday, February 12, 2017

Postcards from the Hedge

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" At risk of alienating my newer audience, I've got to make an admission: I'm a Pagan. Ask me what I believe in, and I'll ask you, "What have you got?" I'm big on forgotten and overlooked deities -- hence the name of this blog.

Push comes to shove there's a good bit of hedge witch in me. I will cast a spell when I feel it necessary. (Never anything negative.) I carry a working wand, and my teacher's desk has a very VERY discreet altar, just sitting right there for anyone to see.

As I embark upon a new chapter in my life, a chapter in which I will be marching and demonstrating and engaging in political activities, I plan to practice the kind of magick for which I am universally known. This would be trickster stuff, humor as a weapon.

It recently came to my attention that there are plans to inundate the White House with postcards on March 15, the dreaded "Ides of March." Everyone who is anyone is being encouraged to send a postcard (or two or ten) to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500.

Ha ha! I love postcards! Every time I go to Asbury Park, I always buy a few.


Some of you who have heard from me via snail mail have gotten one of these.

So, nice front, right? All that remains is to think of a nice message for the back. It has to be short and simple, both because there's not much space and the chief executive doesn't like to read.

Between now and March 15, I'll run some ideas past y'all. And do feel free to leave me any messages you would like to send in my comments section! I can lay my mitts on stacks of Jersey Shore postcards.

What does a hedge witch put on a postcard to Donald Trump?

Roses are red
Violets are cute
You will look great
Turned into a newt.

Nice! I feel the creative juices flowing!

As above, so below
Donald Trump has got to go.

Help me out here. We've got four weeks until mailing day, and I just bought a new book of stamps.

11 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

we h8 you donald dump
oh yes we do
we don't h8 anyone
as much as you
when you lie on tv
FUCK YOU
oh donald dump we h8 you

Debra She Who Seeks said...

#shepersisted

I love that. Glad to see the full quotation is part of your blog profile too!

Jono said...

Don't forget to write with large letters and simple words. Don't tax his brain or he will lose interest if he hasn't already. Karma will win in the end.

Janie Junebug said...

A newt! Oh, yes, I want him turned into a newt. You can tell him that if he resigns the presidency that every beautiful woman in the world will want to have sex with him. I think he might quit for that.

Love,
Janie

Ol'Buzzard said...

How about:
Every time I look at the little hand on my watch I think of you.

or

thoughts are things when sent into the cosmos
and I am thinking of you
begone.


the Ol'Buzzard

Anti Kate said...

He was warned. He was given an explanation. Nevertheless, he persisted.

yellowdoggranny said...

you suck...not you..trump

Debi said...

Another reason to love visiting you! I'm a reclusive hedge crone witch. My gift is intuition and I like you have my own ash carved wand. I love my crystals and dream of Emrys ( Merlin) My fav author is Paula Brackston. I love your postcards! Jersey shore reminds me of Patti Smith, Just Kids book.

Postcards to Bannon oh my , I would dabble in the dark arts for that one! With your sharp wit, you will have little problem expressing yourself!

She Who Seeks sent me this way and I've enjoyed each visit! Be well, don't dispair, all will be much better after the smoke clears!
xoDebi🙋❤️🇨🇦

Anti Kate said...

Just FYI. I bought prepaid postcards at the post office the other day. The are Forever Stamped, and are 38 cents apiece. I bought a hundred. The nice lady behind the counter was not certain they would have that many, because that post office gets them in 250 packs, and they have not been wildly popular. That's a damn shame. Let's make them popular!

Unknown said...

Hahaha can I use that on mine????

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of sending a postcard to Washington with a picture of your State that can be bought at any store like Walmart. The White House will only need to look at the picture to know the postcards are coming from all over the country!