Tuesday, September 03, 2013

A Little Up-Catching

Well, howdy! I'm just back from the first day of school, all teacher meetings. Rather than wallow in fury at the bone-headed "school reform" being foisted on our nation's students by numbskulls in consulting firms, I think I'll catch you up on some fun stuff here at "The Gods Are Bored!"

1. The gorgeous red cat has moved in and is now in the basement. He is terrifically affectionate. He's rather nonplussed by the parrot, whose screams could be construed to be a human falling off a cliff. Understandable.

2. A while back I started writing little columns for an ezine called Pagan Pages. On that site I am known as The Neon Pagan. Here's a link to my latest peerless prose:
http://paganpages.org/content/2013/09/the-neon-pagan-3/

I will be writing for Pagan Pages each month.

3. Extra Chair, my Chinese exchange student, has arrived for another year of school. She's suffering through Big Spider Season. Apparently there are fewer, and much smaller, spiders in China.

4. We at "The Gods Are Bored" have a little Facebook page, nothing fancy, but we'd love it if you joined us there. Here's the link to that:
https://www.facebook.com/TheGodsAreBored?ref=hl

5. This is Post 1986 for "The Gods Are Bored." Closing in on 2,000 entries! Also closing in on 200 followers! Invite your friends and family, or worst enemies, or strangers on the street, to follow "The Gods Are Bored!"

6. Autumn is my favorite season. How about you?

Thank you for reading. May the bored gods bless you and keep you and answer your prayers.

--Anne

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"The Neon Pagan" -- it suits you! TIE-DYE EVERYTHING!