Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Occasional Photo

My computer is more than ten years old. It has been overhauled a few times, but it overheats and runs slow. Built for obsolescence, it is a veritable dinosaur.

Therefore, over the summer, I'll be posting some photos here to preserve them for the mists of time. This is one that was taken in 2011 in Bedford County, PA. Many generations of my family are buried in the same churchyard. The stone says Johnson, but the two behind it, Lashley, are also ancestors.

Computers start from scratch and are molded by their owners. People start from ancestors and are molded by legacy. Blessed be those who went before.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Recently when I was down in Ontario, I located and visited the graves of my great-great-grandparents. Their son, my great-grandfather, moved west to homestead in Manitoba in 1885. I'm quite sure that no one from his direct line of descendants has ever been back to visit those graves since 1885. I will probably never be back to see them again either. It was very moving to be there for that brief moment in time.