Friday, January 01, 2010

Saturn Is the Reason for the Season

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" A new decade, a new dream!

We live and die by the Roman calendar, and January 1 began their new year. From what I've read, this date was the occasion for lots of costumed revelry and associated slurping of alcoholic beverages. As if we need a reason to do those things!

Like the other Roman Gods and Goddesses who have planets named after them, Saturn isn't as bored as most "myths." In fact, His planet rocks, if you ask me. All those rings! Too cool!

Let us also not forget that Saturn is the God of Saturday. I don't know about you, but that's my favorite day of the week. Except when there's laundry to be done, or Druid Grove to attend (we do that on Sunday).

I saw Saturn last night out in my backyard. He blew out my candle to Cernunnos. Why are deities so jealous of one another? We don't have a Cernunnosday, for the love of fruit flies!

It's Mummer's Parade day here in Philly. I'll check in tomorrow, which is going to be Cernunnos Day if Saturn blows out one more candle on the Shrine of the Mists.

3 comments:

Janis Bland said...

I so totally dig Saturn! Well, certainly his planet. ;)

Dancing With Fey said...

My mom "gave" my brother and me a planet and star each when we were born. So just like we have our Zodiac sign, we also have a special star and planet of our own. Mine is Saturn. :)

yellowdoggranny said...

i'm overly fond of mars..he has something to do with my scorpio birth sign..but he's a war god, so that makes sense