Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Passing on Mr. Bigwand

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," where the stress of a new job has aggravated old low-lying ailments in the Johnson system! A little under the weather we are, Yoda.

I am able to work, but I'm not feeling great. The doctor has ordered tests.

Well, one can hardly study for two kinds of tests at once, so I stayed home from night school this week. I sent Mr. Bigwand an email, and he excused me with an imperial "feel better."

Immediately I did. Missing night school is like a tonic.

There are some nasty bored gods whose sole existence is to cause earthquakes. What a tough way to make a god-living! Everyone hates and fears them. Which makes them Machiavellian deities of great power and cunning.

We here at "The Gods Are Bored" grieve for earthquake victims of every nation. If you have some spare change to send to Haiti, they always need it, not just in the time of earthquake.

If you don't have any spare change, we at TGAB suggest giving blood. It doesn't cost anything, it takes less than an hour, and you can feel good knowing that someone is being helped because you overcame your fear of needles long enough to get pricked.

Must go now. Sleepy and ill. Being observed in the morning by the school principal. Calgon, take me away!

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

I've been by here and reading but not commenting..still fighting my cold...hope you and I both get to feeling better...

Rick Loftus, M.D. said...

Anne, get well soon! Vitamin C has clinical research showing it speeds up recovery time.... 1-2 grams daily....