Friday, February 27, 2009

My Week, and Welcome To It

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," the blog with the most redundant opening line! Seriously. I think I won an award for it, or some such.

Catching up on the news in Anne Camp:

*Sunday the movie producers came over, and we talked about our script. After they left, Mr. Johnson and I sort of looked at each other and said, "Well, we won't quit the day jobs, but it's good to have something else on the storyboard as well."

*Four hours later, the owner of Mr. Johnson's company declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

*Four hours after that, Plantzilla, the amaryllis with attitude, burst into radiant bloom.

*The work week commenced with many anxious meetings about the future of Mr. Johnson's company, which that is the Philadelphia Newspapers. Mr. Johnson works for the most vulnerable of the two papers, the Philadelphia Daily News.

*On Tuesday I came down with the tubercular cold that has plagued Mr. Johnson and The Spare for weeks.

*The highlight of Wednesday was writing about Asherah (see below) and getting such nice comments.

*Thursday I was so sick I felt like I was crawling through a swamp, but I had to go to school. The only reason I'm at the Vo-Tech is to tutor students for the New Jersey High School Proficiency Test. The test starts next Tuesday. Bad time to be under the weather.

*Also on Thursday, Mr. Johnson had yet another anxious meeting with his co-workers. I wish I had a dollar for every anxious meeting Mr. Johnson has ever attended. Wouldn't have to go to the Vo-Tech at all.

*Today we had to sign for our paychecks and show a picture ID. This happens once a year. Only it turned out that my paycheck, which I had to sign for and show ID, was at the other Vo-Tech campus, 15 miles away through heavy traffic.

Now it's Friday afternoon. I am going to go to the thrift store, to drown my sorrows in old polyester.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site always makes me feel better, hope it helps.

Thrift Shop Horrors
http://community.livejournal.com/thrifthorror


~Illisse

Pom said...

For chronic cough: hazel nuts and honey ground into a paste. Take 1 tablespoon several times daily.

Or the family recipe: boiling water, honey, lemon, Jack Daniels. Take one cup every 4(ish) hours or constantly until you're so intoxicated that the irritation and pain of coughing no longer bothers you.

Elizabeth said...

My personal family recipe: sit around in your jammies reading, watching TV, and generally lolling (though not LOLing because it undercuts the Camille image) all weekend while your husband takes care of everything!

Dancing With Fey said...

I hope you feel better soon, Anne!

Evn said...

Or the family recipe: boiling water, honey, lemon, Jack Daniels.

Hey, that's my family's recipe.

So you're Irish, too, huh? ;)

Anne, old polyester can work miracles. And so can the Co-Witches. Let us know if you need us to do anything.

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Anne, I hope you're feeling better already.
For the cough I recommend Coltsfoot (as a tea, but it works faster if you inhale the steam at the same time, or, Gods forfend, smoke it ). It's a major ingredient of antitussive remedies.
Love,
Terri in Joburg

Anonymous said...

Feel better, Anne! I'd make a suggestion about a remedy, but, heck, it's viral, it just has to get over naturally. The Jack Daniels remedy sure might help the time pass faster, though... Drink some tea and watch funny movies.... Blessings, -Rick

democommie said...

Anne:

MY recipe:

boiling water, honey, lemon, liptons tea, Jack Daniels.

Pour boiling water in cup, over teabag.

Stick spoon in honey, lick honey, repeat.

Roll lemon around on table top.

Let tea steep for 2-3 days, discard.

Drink one cup of Jack Daniels every 4(ish) hours or constantly.

Alex Pendragon said...

I am sending every "mote" I can envision that you and yours will not suffer from the ides of March, otherwise known as that mess the Republicans got us into.