Saturday, November 01, 2008

Grizzabella the Faerie Continues Her Reign

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," and Happy New Year! Make a resolution, find a solution, avoid electrocution, you say you wanna revolution?

If it's rhyme time there must be faeries about!

Last spring my daughters and I went to visit my sister at her new house. I left behind a teeny tiny faerie, just to provide a little solace to me when I happened into such a rigorously Christian abode.

My sister found the faerie, named her Grizzabella. And since then Grizzy has been hard at work, sowing the big, broad, flexible outlook among my sister's many collections of childhood belongings!

You may have trouble seeing Grizzy in some of these photos, so let's just call it a sort of "Where's Waldo" enterprise!




Yes, that is a little rubber toy vulture. She is my sister, after all!

8 comments:

sageweb said...

Very cute!

yellowdoggranny said...

do you think she might swtich sides?..become a pagan?

Dessa said...

Awwwe, she's cute! Glad your sis welcomed her into her home.

Anne Johnson said...

I don't think she'll switch sides. I just wish she wouldn't think I'm going to hell. That would be an improvement.

Anonymous said...

And when they think that you're going to Hell, it's like they pity you or something. It's like you're with an abusive partner and they're saying "Please leave him, he's bad for you." Of course that's a bad example since paganism doesn't shove us down stairs or anything...

BBC said...

Okay, what ever.

Anonymous said...

This feels very much like an Art project in the making :-) Its wonderful to see the Muse speaking.

Anne Johnson said...

Lisa, it feels that way to me too! I'm glad to see my sister using her talents in a whimsical way.