Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Revising My View of the Human Race

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," wit and wisdom for the witty and wise!

Musical saw player for hire. Will annoy the most easygoing neighbors. Can be accompanied by Macaw. Will annoy the most easygoing neighbors in the next Zip code.

Decibel the Parrot, Orator


Just when I throw in the towel on the human race, I'm proven wrong. Opened my email this morning to find a blessing from David the Druid. Heartfelt spiritual uplift, the kind that leaves you feeling like you're wearing soft feathers all day.

Then this afternoon, I visited the ever-interesting Buzzardbilly, to find that she had sent me an award! I hope it'll load. If not, I'll show Buzzardbilly how much I love her another way.


Here it is:


I'm supposed to name ten other bloggers that I love ... but I'll suffice it to load a few more faves onto the sidebar and do a meme on Ten People I Love.

Ten People Anne Loves

1. Spouse and partner, Mr. Johnson
2. Daughter The Heir, despite musical saw
3. Daughter The Spare

Gosh, I forgot to differentiate between living and dead. So let's stick to the living.

4. Sis, even though her religion is a sticking point
5. Monkey Man (You would love him too.)
6. Cousin Marta Fiscus
7. Cousin Cindy Hinchen
8. Joe Kuskowski
9. John Cowan

10. Everyone in my blogroll, including Jesus' General, but I only love him in a chaste and Biblically-appropriate way.

Ah, love, love! It's the only thing! As for me and my house, we will follow the Love!


6 comments:

sageweb said...

You are in a lovely mood to be loving people.

Hey how about some video of the musical saw and parrot?

yellowdoggranny said...

I got one too, and it's pretty cool...need to put it up...i love you this much too...

Alex Pendragon said...

Love......exciting and new.....come on board.....we're expecting youuuuuuuuu!

The LOVE Blog, soon will be.................

OK, OK, I'll shut up now.....got carried away.....grin....

BBC said...

Na, the human race is a piece of crap and proves it everyday. It's getting harder and harder for me to love it.

Aquila ka Hecate said...

It's always been hard for me to love.
So I started teaching myself, everyday, by familiarity and some good old work on the 4th Chakra.
and by always saying..
Love,
Terri in Joburg

Big Tex said...

I'm sure it's just an oversight that you forgot to include the Flying Spaghetti Monster (PBUH) in your list of loved ones.

Sounds like BBC needs a hug. Or a sedative, I'm not sure which.