Friday, June 23, 2006

Anne vs. Wegmans - The Knockout Blow

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," where we, as goat judges, recognize that all food-producing animals receive inhumane treatment at some point in their lives.

Gosh, goats will wander a square mile of barbed wire fence, looking for that one little hole they can squeeze through. A big part of goat-judging is finding the holes before the goats do.

But I was horrified to learn, from one of my legions of commenters in the previous post on Wegmans, that Wegmans stands soundly in the KFC ("Killing Friendly Chickens") camp when it comes to production of their store-bought eggs. Check my comments below and follow "Joe Sixpack's" links.

I just sent Wegmans a strongly-worded email, and when they see my Zip code, they're gonna perk up and stop ripping beaks off their electric-caged hens.

And, if you recall, I did purchase a dozen eggs there. I was just getting ready to feed the goats and the foster kitten and then make breakfast. If those eggs are Wegmans brand, they go into the garbage and we have goat feed instead.

FROM ANNE
FOOL ME ONCE, WEGMANS, SHAME ON YOU
FOOL ME ... UHHHHH ... UHHHHH ... UMMMM
(Assist by George W. Bush)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Anne. That's fantastic. You rock!