Friday, March 31, 2006

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" Spewing meaningless verbiage into cyberspace for 50 weeks and counting!

I tried to schedule root canal surgery tomorrow, but the dentist is closed on Saturday.

I had the bad foresight to sort all my clean socks, dark and light, and put them away a week ago.

My goats are up to date on their innoculations.

All flights to Gary, Indiana are booked solid, including the ones that change in Albuquerque, Topeka, Duluth, and Detroit.

Amtrak is running on schedule. Go figure.

I tried to drop a cinder block on my foot, but I missed and crushed one of my lawn gnomes.

The weather forecast does not include severe weather of any kind. Sheesh. What happened to March going out like a lion?

The spa could not schedule a full body wax. Their technician got clawed by another client.

The guy at the tattoo parlor is going fishing tomorrow. He says come back Monday, because he is intrigued by the idea of creating an "I Hate Billy Joel" artwork on my derriere.

The Spare says the weather's so nice she doesn't want to go to the shopping mall. Go Figure!

I've exhausted every single possibility. Except one.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati.

(Translation: When All Else Fails, Play Dead)

However, I've attempted playing dead before, and I've never fooled my husband. He just puts a Billy Joel CD in the boom box, and up I spring.

I have no choice. Everything has failed, even playing dead.

I have to go to New York City.

See you Monday.

FROM ANNE
THE MERLIN OF MANHATTAN

7 comments:

Raevyn said...

Have a great weekend, Anne!!!

(by the way: how funny is this? the word I have to type in is BVD GQ... LOL!)

Athana said...

Things don't sound quite right for you, Anne. Sorry! New York City can be fun, though. I think.

[I need to brush up on my Spanish. (Latin?) I thought I was going to read here on the subject of "When Does Everyone Flunk Death?"]

Davoh said...

Gotta watch those "Bad habits" .. heh.

(raevyn got off easily.. try zqipwzli after a few port wines. The ones that annoy me the most are when vv and w are next to each other. Have enough trouble trying to type 'english' words. Oh well, the price of clever computer contacts.)

Davoh said...

"naturam expellas furca, tamen usque recurret" .. Horace

Elvis Drinkmo said...

I'll have to tell you all about my brief encounter with New York City someday, Anne.

At least they've got alot of cool radio stations. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

lucky, wish i was going to new york

Anonymous said...

Come to Edinburgh some day, we can all play dead together